All ministry volunteer adults especially those who interact with youth are required by the ArchDiocese of Galveston-Houston to attend a training session. This work-shop is free of charge. Due to the nature of the material, children under 18 yrs are not permitted.
“Protecting God’s Children”
VIRTUS Workshop (English)
Please pre-register and choose a location on-line at:
If you have any question you may contact:
Lisa Iparrea in the Church Office at:
713-789-1250 ext. 324
All attendees must have one of the following valid (not expired) forms of ID: a current Driver’s license, State-issued Identification Card, Passport (any country), Mexico or Guatemala Consulate ID in order to attend a “Protecting God’s Children” Workshop. No Exceptions.
When pre-registering for the class, YOU MUST USE YOUR NAME and DATE OF BIRTH as it appears on your Driver's License, ID, or Passport.
(For example, if you pre-register under the name of Peggy Smith but your driver's license states Margaret Smith, you will not be able to attend.)
Please arrive 20-30 minutes early
to show ID and sign in for workshop.
We do not allow late admittance.You will need to re-schedule if you arrive late.
No Minors are allowed. No Exceptions!
Who is required to take the class?
- All active priests and permanent deacons
- All seminarians
- All employees of the Archdiocese, including parishes and schools, regardless of position, ministry, part-time and full-time status
- All contract employees
- Volunteer directors/coordinators of religious education
- Religious education catechists and staff
- Volunteers in youth ministry programs, including Life Teen, e.g., regular drivers
- Volunteers in parochial and diocesan schools
- Coaches or volunteers in athletic programs
- Volunteers in quinceaneras preparation
- Scout Leaders (Boy Scouts, Cub Scouts, Girl Scouts, etc.)
- Volunteers with children and youth choirs
- Volunteers in an early childhood center/program
- Volunteers in Mother’s Day Out programs
- Volunteers in a parish nursery
- Volunteer coordinators/trainers of altar servers
- Volunteers that include an overnight stay, e.g., retreats, lock-ins, away from the child/youth’s home
- Volunteers in Children’s Liturgy of the Word programs
- Instituted Acolytes
- St. Vincent de Paul sponsored food pantries